Phone Lines: Newbridge: 045 448400,
Kildare: 045 448 400
We believe …
- that every child is a confident and competent active learner.
- that nurturing equality and diversity is important.
- that children have rights and their voices should be heard.
- that developing a collegial, open and honest partnership with parents is essential to children’s well-being.
- in active learning through play and hands-on experiences.
- that children learn through doing things themselves.
- in creating relevant and meaningful play experiences for children.
- that observation and documentation are important tools that enable us to recognize emergent interests and learning with the children.
- by creating time and space to reflect on our practice enables us to create an emergent play-based environment for the children in our learning environments.
We sent text messages to all of our families who avail of part or full time childcare last night. We explained that we would be open from 8am – 6pm next for essential workers. Please email your childcare needs to email@example.com by Noon on Friday 8th January so that we can assess our availability and capacity levels. If you did not receive this please email us with your up to date telephone number.
Following on from the information given to us last night and subsequent meetings that have been held we will be holding another meeting this afternoon to assess our capacity to open for families who are on the essential workers list. If parents could please email us their childcare needs on firstname.lastname@example.org for the coming weeks and let us know what area you fall under on the essential list that would be great. We will revert back to everyone later tonight. Of course we want to support as many of our frontline workers as possible while maintaining our standards and the integrity of the pod system. Stay safe everyone as our health is the most important thing.
It is with a heavy heart that we feel having carried out a risk assessment associated with reopening on Monday 4th January: integrity of maintaining the pod system, the rising number of cases, the rising number of cases in children, the lack of knowledge of the new strain, the advice from NpHET and the Government that everyone should stay at home and minimise their contacts, the fact that the system is so overwhelmed that it can not cope with testing close contacts anymore, we feel it is safer to close at the moment and review the situation on Wednesday 6th January. As always we make all of our decisions based on keeping the children, families and staff of the creche community safe. We believe this is the best decision for everyone’s safety. We hope all our families stay safe and we will update everyone on Wednesday 6th January.
On 1 January 2021 Minister Roderic O’Gorman announced the postponement of the post-Christmas resumption of the ECCE programme to Monday 11 January, in line with the delayed reopening of Primary and Secondary Schools. This is an attempt to further minimise social mixing in a bid to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are currently carrying out a risk assessment to see what service, if any, we will be able to offer our parents during the week of the 4th – 8th January 2021. Our priority is to keep everyone as safe as possible. We are asking parents to contact us via text to 0878509263 if you are working on the frontline in the health and social care sectors and let us know what hours and days you would need. We will do our best to accommodate these children first. If there is additional space we will widen this to