The Afterschool children had a great week creating puppets, dragons, and comic books showing their individuality. Incredible learning, extending their imagination and enhancing their creativity as well as developing higher-order cognitive skills. The array of different projects shows great socialisation, listening, and collaboration.
We believe …
- that every child is a confident and competent active learner.
- that nurturing equality and diversity is important.
- that children have rights and their voices should be heard.
- that developing a collegial, open and honest partnership with parents is essential to children’s well-being.
- in active learning through play and hands-on experiences.
- that children learn through doing things themselves.
- in creating relevant and meaningful play experiences for children.
- that observation and documentation are important tools that enable us to recognize emergent interests and learning with the children.
- by creating time and space to reflect on our practice enables us to create an emergent play-based environment for the children in our learning environments.
Today was a very special day for us here at Child’s Play. We celebrated Sant Jordi and our 14th birthday. It was a great way to embrace some of the cultures in our amazing creche community. Please let us know about special days in your culture, we would love to celebrate them with you. Thank you to all our incredible staff, children, and parents who have supported us over the last 14 years. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. As a way to celebrate all next week, we will be launching the online resources that we have been working in partnership with DCU students to create. A huge thank you to DCU for their collaboration on this enterprise and log into our site next week to use some of the fantastic resources.