Phone Lines: Newbridge: 045 448400,
Kildare: 045 448 400
We believe …
- that every child is a confident and competent active learner.
- that nurturing equality and diversity is important.
- that children have rights and their voices should be heard.
- that developing a collegial, open and honest partnership with parents is essential to children’s well-being.
- in active learning through play and hands-on experiences.
- that children learn through doing things themselves.
- in creating relevant and meaningful play experiences for children.
- that observation and documentation are important tools that enable us to recognize emergent interests and learning with the children.
- by creating time and space to reflect on our practice enables us to create an emergent play-based environment for the children in our learning environments.
During this week the children showed an interest in decorating the room for their Halloween party and they engaged in arts and crafts activities and created: masks, monsters, ghosts etc. The children engaged in sensorial basins: coloured boiled pasta with eyes, snacks, spiders; jelly basin, playdough, making mummies. At the same time, the children really enjoyed singing and listening to songs about Halloween. Here is a clip of their Halloween song.
The After Schoolers in the Red Pod were very enthusiastic and excited about our colouring competition for Halloween this year! Every piece is creative, unique and imaginative! The children then asked if they could incorporate some 3D for Halloween, to which I responded absolutely! Gathering a range of recycled materials over weeks of planning, they worked collaboratively with one another to create a Spooky Halloween Hotel and a Haunted House. An enormous amount of work went into each wonderful, creative and imaginative piece of art and although Halloween may be different for the children this year, we made it one to remember! We hope you enjoy our Halloween clips to give you an insight to the work they have all achieved! 🎃 Lynsey, Natalie & Kinga – Video Below